[IPython-dev] Unicode in tests

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:01:39 EST 2011

On 2011-02-05 12:23 , Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 1 February 2011 22:33, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com
> <mailto:robert.kern at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     The GTK tests may need to be separated. At startup, iptest currently will
>     attempt to import gtk just to test if it exists. Perhaps it ought to exclude the
>     GTK tests unless if they are explicitly requested.
>

> What's the best way to deal with this? What tests use gtk?

I don't think there are any tests that use gtk. iptest just checks for gtk to
determine whether to add IPython/lib/inputhookgtk.py to the list of module to
exclude from the test suite. This can just be made unconditional and remove the
test for gtk and gobject. Try the attached patch.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco