[IPython-dev] Fwd: Debian packaging pyzmq

Mark Voorhies mark.voorhies at ucsf.edu
Sun Feb 6 23:45:24 EST 2011

I can confirm that the source package works when built for PPC.

--

Built and tested on a PowerBook G4 15", freshly upgraded to Debian Squeeze.

All dependencies were installed from the squeeze respository, except:
     libzmq-dev 2.0.10-1 from sid
     cython and cython-dbg 0.13.-1 from experimental

Downloaded Miguel's source package from alioth, built with "debuild -us -uc",
    and installed with "dpkg --install python-zmq_2.0.10.1-0miguel1_powerpc.deb"

nosetests -vvs zmq.tests
   passes all tests, with one skipped due to no python 2.7:
       test messages from memoryview (only valid for python >= 2.7)

Built iPython from master (2ccc90d68) and tested with:
   ./ipython-qtconsole --pylab --paging hsplit
   %guiref
   plot(rand(100))
   display(*getfigs())

  --> works =)

Holding off on testing on my AMD64 machine until it's upgraded to Squeeze (probably later this week).

--Mark