[IPython-dev] Examples for magic commands

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:41:53 EST 2011

OK, we've now got through most of the magic command examples from SciPy
India. Min merged one, I've amalgamated several into pull request 272, and
closed a few more. There are three left:

#219 (pycat) and #230 (edit): I don't think an example adds much to either
of these. The first case involves colour, which we can't put in the
docstrings. The second revolves around an editor which won't be in the
example.

#221 has several problems, and there were already some examples included in
it, so I think it's OK without any changes.

Should I go ahead and close those? Or do people think those commands would
benefit from examples?

Thanks,
Thomas