[IPython-dev] History

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 16:54:29 EST 2011

On 18 February 2011 22:10, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds fine. With (session, line) as the foreign key, it seems
> straightforward to keep it synchronous. The only suggestion I would make is
> make the store_inputs() method (and a putative store_outputs() method) take
> the
> execution_count explicitly rather than taking it from the shell.

Basic implementation here:
https://github.com/takluyver/ipython/commit/15fbffa0d924765461c9a1d539d49daf70bc5315

The only bit missing is that I don't know off the top of my head where to
call the store_outputs method. I can have a dig in the code, or if someone
would like to point me to the best place, I'd be grateful. In the meantime,
I've tried calling the function manually, and it works as expected.

Thanks,
Thomas