[IPython-dev] [ANN] Post-doc position in computational statistics and parallel computing

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Jan 30 17:20:55 EST 2011

Sorry for spaming a few mailing lists.

The Parietal team (https://parietal.saclay.inria.fr/) is kick-starting a
new project, called AzureBrain, to do computational analysis of large
brain imaging and genetics population-wise data. One of the goals of the
project is to harness the power of grid computing to do statistical
learning on fMRI data, finding features in an individuals brain images
that can be predicted by his genome. The medical applications cover the
wide scope of genetically-related brain pathologies, such as autism.

Want to work in a dynamic and exiting environment, using Python to solve
challenging data analysis? We are looking for a post-doctoral fellow to
hire in spring/beginning of summer. The ideal candidate would have a
strong background in computational statistics or machine learning, as
well as parallel computing, however we will consider any candidate with
good experience in one or the other and a strong desire to learn.

You would be employed by INRIA, the lead computing research institute in
France. We are a team of computer scientists specialized in image
processing and statistical data analysis, integrated in one of the top
French brain research centers, NeuroSpin, south of Paris. We work mostly
in Python. The team includes core contributors to the scikit-learn
project, for machine learning in Python, and the nipy project, for
NeuroImaging in Python.

More details can be found in the official job announcement:
http://parietal.saclay.inria.fr/open-positions/azure-brain-post-doc-proposal

Please contact Bertrand Thirion, (first name _dot_ last name _at_ inria
_dot_ fr) referencing the AzureBrain project, if you are interested.

Cheers,

Gael