[IPython-dev] IPython 0.11 RC1 is ready for download... now we're actually getting close to a real release!

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:19:42 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback!

I've fixed the embed() issue, and also updated the MANIFEST, so it
should include all the scripts properly in the sdist (I *definitely*
should have checked this one more thoroughly).

As for the pyzmq/pygments dependencies, they are *optional*
dependencies just like we have always had, so will never be added as
hard install dependencies, but they should probably be described on
the pypi page, as they are on the install page in the docs:

http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/install/install.html#basic-optional-dependencies

-MinRK