[IPython-dev] Fwd: [SciPy-User] SciPy Central: file and link sharing site

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 18:36:24 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Dunn <kgdunn at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Subject: [SciPy-User] SciPy Central: file and link sharing site
To: scipy-user at scipy.org

I'm announcing an alpha release of SciPy Central, a website for
sharing code snippets, recipes and links related to scientific
computing, specifically using NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, IPython and
similar tools.

http://scipy-central.org

The idea for the website grew out of previous discussions on this list.

The site is currently in alpha mode, which means we'd like you to
stress test it by filling in garbage information and trying to break
it. We'll keep it in this mode for a couple of days and iron out any
bugs. Please report those at
https://github.com/kgdunn/SciPyCentral/issues - for those familiar
with Django, we've left the site in DEBUG mode, so you can copy/paste
the stack trace in your bug reports.

Then we will delete all submissions and start in beta mode with DEBUG
turned off.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, please also post them on
the issues list.

Thanks,
Kevin