[IPython-dev] 0.11 release, last call

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 29 15:32:20 EDT 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:25:10 -0500
Fernando Perez wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Thomas Spura
> <tomspur at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > I have rc2 installed and running out of git commit d49dfb2290a it's
> > also there.
> >
> > It's between the confirmation and the next shell prompt.
>
> Unfortunately I can't reproduce it either here, ubuntu 10.10...
>
> I'm trying to finish up the release today, so if you want you can file
> a ticket for it, and we may be able to track it down later on with a
> VM if it only happens in Fedora, for example (I also have a Fedora box
> at work, that I'll be able to access next week when I return to the
> States).
>
> Cheers,

I got it...

It seems fedoras python doesn't support:
"""
print "here"
"""
(I used that for tracking this down)

So I was forced to use:
"""
print("here")
"""
instead.

a simple:
"""
print
"""
without the brackets results in a noop -> No newline.

But with proper python there is another issue:
"""
$ python -c "print"

$ python -c "print()"
()
$ python -c "print('')"

"""

The fix with useing print() is here (works in ipython, in python, we
should need print('') - whyever...):

https://github.com/tomspur/ipython/tree/my_fix_exit

I just did a pull reguest #637.

Thanks,