[IPython-dev] Website

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 01:54:11 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> - while your statement above is true of most sphinx sites out there, I
> don't think it's a necessary outcome, just the fact that most people
> seem to do only minimal tweaking of the theme templates.  But even the
> web ignoramus that I am was able to change my site (http://fperez.org)
> to look somewhat different.  You can still recognize the right sidebar
> easily, but I think it doesn't feel quite as doc-like as others, and
> this was literally just a tiny bit of changing the default theme
> template, with *zero* hand-coded html.

I think this proves my point much better than my lousy site:

http://www.pocoo.org/

That's the site of the sphinx guys themselves, and it says at the
bottom it was made with sphinx, yet I think it looks perfectly nice.
Something along those lines (ideas-wise, I don't mean copying the
design) is what I had in mind when I made my points above.

Best,