[IPython-dev] 0.11 release date

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:45:43 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 14:59, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 June 2011 21:15, Min RK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> After that, all that should remain are some documentation, packaging, and
>> Windows updates.
>

> Critical bugs (i.e. blockers for 0.11):
>
> - 79 and 175 are about config - I assume they'll both be closed when the
> newapp work is merged in

These are both resolved in newapp

> - 8 and 66 are docs related
>

> - 340, 351, 369, 378, 481 are Windows specific things to sort out.

I've been looking at some of these - several of them are *make sure it
works* things that may not need any work.

> Pull requests:
> Most can wait until after the release
> - newapp (454) is going in soon

Yes it is, in the next day or two.

> - I'd quite like to get the changes to traitlets strings (462) in, so that
> the Python 3 port is closer to the main version for release.

Yes, me too - as soon as newapp is merged, we should be able to get it in
quite quickly (the various CStr traits in parallel will become Bytes, and
use ObjectName various places that it is appropriate).

> - The changes to keybindings for the Qt console (496) should be simple once
> the config stuff is in place.

Not *super* simple, as the way the keybindings are written is not well
suited to modular key-combos.  I don't expect this to make it in by 0.11,
but it will be very nice.

> Anything else? Are there any of the 12 high-priority bugs (or any others)
> that really ought to be blockers?

514 won't be fixed, but we should come up with a message somewhere to help
prevent confusion.
478 only affects python 3
I think Evan said he is going to get to 476 this weekend
451 is resolved in newapp
Nobody has been able to reproduce 440 as far as I know, so it can slip if we
don't figure it out...
371 should be a small fix, but the cause is rare
136 and 124 both have to do with embedding, and I am not familiar with that
code.  Right now, embedding just doesn't work I think.
I think 131 and 29 are really the same, and addressed as part of your Pickle
PR that we will save for 0.12
13 is vague, and I don't think anything *needs* to be done for 0.11.

-MinRK