[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] New favicon

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:24:38 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed, that's the important thing. I started doing the website while I was
> waiting for the release - I hadn't expected so much discussion about it.

Not trying to sound ungrateful to the new participants who have
pitched in on this topic (really, we *do* appreciate your interest and
contributions), but what happens is that a website/logo is something
everybody can have an opinion on, while fixing the last nasty critical
bugs for release is not.  So the moment this opens up, lots of people
jump in :)

This shows us there's genuine interest in ipython, and that's great.
But I think we've burned enough cycles on this for now, we can always
revisit it later and I think that we already have what we needed: a
git-controlled website that looks nice (perhaps not awesome, but
perfectly nice) and that we can easily update with tools we like (aka
sphinx).  The rest of the polish can come later, as a celebratory gift
to ourselves once we push a few releases.