[IPython-dev] Helping battle testing the newapp branch

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:00:03 EDT 2011

On 20 June 2011 19:10, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we should merge newapp into master.  It is a big change, and
> needs to spend some time there before release, and that time is
> quickly running out.  We should be releasing 0.11 in less than 2
> weeks.
>
> It also makes other pull requests hard, because it touches so much of
> the code base.

I'll second this - we're not going to reject it, the diff is too big to
really get a handle on, and various other pull requests will need to be
rebased once it's merged, so we may as well get on with it.

The only thing I would suggest is: can we tag* the commit immediately before
we merge, so that we've got a reference point if we think there are
regressions.

*I'm guessing this is how git tags work - if not, substitute the appropriate
term.

Thomas