[IPython-dev] Website

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Wed Jun 22 14:52:01 EDT 2011

On 6/20/11 7:53 AM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> This is now RC1 for the new website:
>
> http://takluyver.github.com/ipython-website/

A short comment (yes, I saw there was a moratorium; I'm just posting so
that the comment doesn't get lost when website work is renewed :).  I
notice lots of links to .html files.  For example, on the front page,
you have:

`More news... <news.html>`_

Wouldn't it be better to use the sphinx linking syntax [1], so you could
do something like this instead:

:doc:`More news... <news>`

That way you aren't hardcoding in the .html filename, so presumably
links would work in other formats as well.  You could also explicitly
add a label and use a :ref: link instead.

Thanks,

Jason

[1] http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/inline.html