[IPython-dev] Bug caused by commit 2ccc90d68ac01145ab97

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:10:11 EST 2011

On 2 March 2011 23:05, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu>wrote:

> I believe the other two are the same as in trunk.

OK, we'll look at those separately.

In terms of the Unicode question, can someone with more Windows experience
than me fill me in:
- If sys.stdin.encoding is cp1252, is it possible to enter a character
outside that set at the shell at all?
- If so, how can it be stored in readline so that it will match lookups
including the same character? I could encode as utf-8, but I assume that
that won't match things at the console if stdin is in cp1252?

Thanks,
Thomas