[IPython-dev] 0.10.2.rc1 ready for testing.

Paul Ivanov pivanov314 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 07:13:19 EDT 2011

Fernando Perez, on 2011-03-12 23:06,  wrote:
> The nasty gtk blocking problem we had is, to the best of my knowledge,
> fully fixed here (thanks to P. Ivanov, M. Voorhies and others who
> helped!).

speaking of which, I feel like I'm going cross-eyed with this bug,
so maybe this isn't a problem and should be considered user error
(I'll sleep on it before I look at what behavior should be
expected from matplotlib when the rcParam['interactive'] is set
to False), but the following short little script screws
up GTK threading, for me.

-----
import matplotlib
matplotlib.use("GTKAgg")
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
#plt.interactive(True) # uncomment to fix
plt.plot(range(10))
plt.show() # looks fine
plt.close()
plt.plot([2,1,2]) # this will timeout
plt.show() # grey window, no toolbar drawn
-----

I think in our testing, Mark and I only checked if the first
figure worked, not the second. The above script doesn't seem to
cause issues if called with -pylab (which makes me think the
above just falls under user error) or when using just -wthread
with matplotlib.use("WXAgg").

I just wanted to send a brief note, hopefully it'll all be clear
in the morning.
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: