[IPython-dev] Multiple outputs per input line

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:28:34 EDT 2011

My best guess is that it's not actually a regression - I've seen code in
run_cell that ensures that only one block in a cell can fire displayhook,
which could be what has been described. But it doesn't affect the situation
in which that block causes displayhook to fire several times. As far as I
know, the only way to achieve that would be to catch things in displayhook,
append them to a list, and then display them only after computation has
finished.

Thomas