[IPython-dev] [sage-devel] Fernando Perez's talk today at Sage Days 29

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 01:36:56 EDT 2011

Hi all,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM, William Stein <wstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today Fernando Perez gave a very inspiring and enthusiastic talk today
> at Sage Days 29 on Scientific Computing using Python, including a
> historical introduction with a story about how he accidentally
> unplugged the internet for the entire country of Colombia when he was
> a grad student.   You can watch the video of the talk here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j_HxD4iLn8

Thanks for putting the video up!  The slides are here:

http://fperez.org/talks/1103_uwashington.pdf

ps - for those interested, these days have been *very* productive for
IPython.  This page:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/days29/bugs

has the list of issues we've closed since Monday (50 and counting),
and today we had a very good discussion with Jason Grout and others
from the Sage team about IPython's messaging protocol.  Many thanks to
William for the invitation and support!