[IPython-dev] Continued pain with gui integration, Traits/Qt-specific, help welcome

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat May 28 21:18:19 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I directly pinged Robert and Evan on the bug, as they are the most
likely to have the necessary expertise, but anyone willing to pitch in
on what can be going on with Ctrl-C and Traits/Qt code, as explained
here:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/8#issuecomment-1255696

would do us a great favor.  I have most of what's needed to close that
bug in its original form, but this crash that I only noticed today
while doing more interactive testing is truly nasty, since it affects
--as best I can tell-- *any* Traits/Qt code.

That means that as it stands today (at least on my system), ipython
0.11 is useless for using any Enthought/Traits app with the Qt backend
(but OK with the WX one).

Thanks for any help/info/etc.  In particular, if anyone can find the
examples given in the comment linked above work OK for them (meaning,
Ctrl-C does *not* crash ipython for them), then details on your
platform, Qt version and Enthought tools version/installation origin
(EPD, distro, pythonxy, manual build, etc) would be enormously
helpful.

Thanks!