[IPython-dev] wxPython console

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:24:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Emmanuel Bacry
<emmanuel.bacry at polytechnique.fr> wrote:
> I just tried that but the InternalIPKernel is not found ? I'm using IPython
> 0.11.
> Where should it be ?

Ah, sorry: it's not available on 0.11.  You'll need to use the git
master branch to get that code.

> By the way, before even asking some more questions (what you are saying
> seems very interesting but I'm not sure I follow), I don't quite understand
> the terminology here : what is a kernel ? (compared to a shell in the
> InteractiveShell example)

A kernel is basically the shell object, minus the assumption of being
inside a terminal, and plus the network support to communicate over
zeromq.  Think of it as the shell, but on the network.