[IPython-dev] Docs build broken on master, Qt API issues..

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:57:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 22:20, Min RK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Should probably just add external.qt to the autodoc exclusions.

Turns out it already is, the issue is actually in
test_for('IPython.external.qt') in iptest, which will raise a ValueError
instead of Import/Runtime if sip API has been set (i.e. PyQt has been
imported already).  Is there a good reason that test_for doesn't catch all
Exceptions instead of just Import/Runtime?  If importing something raises
an exception, it's not importable.  It shouldn't matter what that exception
is.  Alternatively, we could turn the sip ValueError into an ImportError in
external.qt.

Both work, and are quick and easy fixes.