[IPython-dev] Potential projects

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:13:28 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've started a wiki page with ideas for relatively self-contained projects
> that interested contributors could work on. It's a bit sparse at the moment,
> so please add some things you'd like to see, but don't have time to work on
> yourself.
>
> http://wiki.ipython.org/Potential_projects
>
> I'd like this to be for quite specific deliverable things, rather than
> nebulous goals. So 'write a tool to handle use case xyz' is suitable, but
> 'improve the documentation' isn't (although it's probably something people
> always can do).

Great, thanks!

One concrete, and high-value topic to have there would be our recent
discussion of the python readline capability implementation.  I'll try
to summarize it later today, unless you beat me to it :) (we had a
recent thread on-list that I haven't had a chance to get back to, as
the PR flood has been keeping me pretty much maxed out).