[IPython-dev] How IPython achieve embedding of matplotlib figure ?

Guillaume Pichard guillaume.pichard at sogeti.com
Mon Oct 24 07:51:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

I would like to replicate the Pylab feature from IPython (embedded
matplotlib figures) in my own application.
I'm using Python embedded in C++ using the Python C-API.

What I would like to know is how IPython achieve this feature and how
can I replicate it with my own Python code ? I saw that there are
using displayhook, but how can IPython catch output from matplotlib
functions ?

I would be greatful if you could give me some pointers on how to do
this feature.

Regards,
Guillaume.