[IPython-dev] ipython.el is broken in 0.11

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 06:15:33 EDT 2011

On 3 September 2011 04:12, Pedro Kroger <kroger at pedrokroger.net> wrote:

> But, ipython.el is broken in 0.11 (I tested with emacs 23.3).
> This pull request uses the new --color=foo syntax:
>
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/757
>
> Also, completion is not working on ipython.el shell. I get things like
> "Can't find completion for "os.path.""

Thanks, Pedro. If you're comfortable working with emacs lisp, feel free to
make more extensive changes to ipython.el, or to write a new one. Paul
Ivanov recently wrote a very nice IPython integration layer for vim, using
the new ZMQ protocol. I'm sure emacs users would love something similar, but
so far no-one's been motivated to write it.

Best wishes,
Thomas