[IPython-dev] IPython talk in Sheffield

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:09:21 EDT 2011

I think the talk I gave last night was quite well received - I got quite a
few questions afterwards, and several people thanked me for coming to speak
about it. I had time to do brief demos of both the Qt console and the
notebook. There was particular interest in the notebook, with some of the
questions centring on "how easy is it to get that set up?" (I described the
bits necessary, and suggested EPD as a good way in from Windows).

Twitter user @allegary said "talk on ipython is nice and entertaining -
liking what they have done with the place #pysheff".

I've attached the slides in PDF format - much of the content is taken from
Fernando's slides for Euroscipy.

Thomas