[IPython-dev] status of 0.12.1?

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 17:39:46 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 14:18, Paul Ivanov <pivanov314 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> saw this branch got added to the git repo - is this for the purposes
> of being updated in the new Ubuntu LTS release, as was discussed on in
> an old thread?
>
> just wanted to know what the status and purpose of this branch.

Yes, that's the idea, since 0.13 wouldn't have a chance of making it.  It's
just bugfixes and a few minor enhancements since 0.12.  Were 12.04 not an
LTS, we wouldn't bother, and with the relatively near release of 0.13, it
is still of dubious value, but there are some serious issues in 0.12 that
we don't like the idea of surviving for 5 years.

I don't think it will be heavily advertised, as 0.13 should be pretty soon,
and is such a dramatic improvement.

-MinRK