[IPython-dev] Shining panda reports Mac/OSX test failure

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 07:28:12 EDT 2012

Le 15 avr. 2012 à 13:16, Thomas Kluyver a écrit :

> On 15 April 2012 08:24, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It may have been something I've merged (since yesterday we've gone
>> from 32 to 16 open PRs, so a ton of new code has landed), but
>> unfortunately I wouldn't have seen this as it works on my box:
>
> I think I've got it: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/1600
>
> It's a regular annoyance that io.open takes its default encoding from
> the locale, rather than just using utf-8. Of course, for all of us on
> Linux or Mac, our locale specifies UTF-8 anyway, so we don't notice. I
> guess Matthias' cron job runs with an ascii locale, which reveals the
> problem.

hum...

me at mycomputer$ locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Virtualenv  maybe ?

I'll try to look at it monday or tuesday.

On a side note, do anyone plan on attending EuroSciPy in August ?
--
Matthias