[IPython-dev] status of 0.12.1?

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:23:26 EDT 2012

On 04/06/2012 11:39 PM, MinRK wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 14:18, Paul Ivanov <pivanov314 at gmail.com
> <mailto:pivanov314 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey everyone,
>
>     saw this branch got added to the git repo - is this for the purposes
>     of being updated in the new Ubuntu LTS release, as was discussed on in
>     an old thread?
>
>     just wanted to know what the status and purpose of this branch.
>

> Yes, that's the idea, since 0.13 wouldn't have a chance of making it.
>  It's just bugfixes and a few minor enhancements since 0.12.  Were 12.04
> not an LTS, we wouldn't bother, and with the relatively near release of
> 0.13, it is still of dubious value, but there are some serious issues in
> 0.12 that we don't like the idea of surviving for 5 years.

the timing is unfortunate but there is no good alternative. As the
recent notebook format change in master showed, a git snapshot of 0.13
would be even worse at this point.
I'll provide an official backport of 0.13 for 12.04 when its ready.

I'd like to remind you that the 0.12.1 release would be needed by the
end of this week latest. The archive freezes on the 24. and I need some
time for packaging too.
Preferably with unminified javascript sources or I'll have to repackage it.