[IPython-dev] msg spec

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 01:19:55 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 18:58, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Jason Grout
> <jason-sage at creativetrax.com> wrote:
> > Like the Sage preparser, right?
>
> Yes, that's precisely what I had in mind...

I'm fine leaving it in the payload system.  Having it in the actual reply
does make some sense.  Isn't it fairly clear the point immediately prior to
execution?  I don't know where precisely this is

Another msg spec failure, along my way:

We do not actually support the detail_level key in the object_info messages
(on either end), so presumably we are only doing detail_level=0.  Also the
spec doc suggests the only options are 1 and 2, but the default is in fact
0, and this is the only one we currently expose.

I presume just adding the arg to KM.object_info, and passing it to
inspector.info in Kernel.object_info_request is all that we need to do.