[IPython-dev] more on embedding Qt/IPythonWidget

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 00:56:10 EDT 2012

Hi Piotr,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Piotr Zolnierczuk
<piotr.zolnierczuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I am trying to understand the IPythonWidget (eventually I would like to
> embed it in my Qt app)
> I am playing with Robert Kern's example  https://gist.github.com/1416977
> and it does what I need. What I would like to add is the ability to connect
> to the kernel from another qtconsole.
>
> So I tried to replace his QtKernelManager  with the "stock" one (changed one
> line in his example.py)
>
> -from qtkernelmanager import QtKernelManager
> +from IPython.frontend.qt.kernelmanager import QtKernelManager
>
> But now there's no prompt. What am I missing?

Did you manage to solve this issue?  Just a few days ago Ray Osborn
posted he'd successfully done the same thing, perhaps we could at
least get some sharing of the 'hack that works' posted in a canonical
place, until there's time for a cleaner refactoring...