[IPython-dev] Style Rules for Notebook

Carl Smith carl.input at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:24:13 EDT 2012

On 21 August 2012 14:30, Matthias Bussonnier
<bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:
> Use '.rendered_html h1' to apply style only to cells.

Got it. I've done that now. My CSS skills aren't the best.

> Bootstrap is "twitter bootstrap" css/js. google for it you'll find it. Or
> look at my 'build js toolbar' PR, comment near the end.

I had a look at this. From what I gather, this would just mean
reimplementing the CSS. Do you see Brian using bootstrap as being a
problem for what I'm suggesting here? I didn't think you meant that,
but just wanted to be sure I'm not going down a dead end.

I've attached another version of the file. This one doesn't have
external fonts, uses h1, h2 and h3 for the headers, has less cheesy
CSS for the title, and has been rewritten.

Assuming the other guys like the idea, what should I do with it? I
mean in terms of submitting it. Should I just fork IPython and open a
PR now, or carry on with a demo notebook until people are happy with
the look?

This is the first open source project I've tried to get involved with,
so I'm still pretty naive. It's all baby steps at the moment, so
thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Carl