[IPython-dev] Anyone encountering IndentationError issues in the notebook?

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:42:54 EDT 2012

Le 22 août 2012 à 21:08, Dmitry Chichkov a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Wanted to check, if any of you are encountering any IndentationError issues with the notebook, or is it just me?
>
> I'm using development version of codemirror (corrected as per README-IPython.rst), and some times I'm encountering:
>    IndentationError: expected an indented block
>
> 1. with no line numbers or other context information;
> 2. caused by a mix of '4 spaces' / 'tabs', invisible in the editor;
> 3. by itself caused by codemirror, which disregards a tabMode:"spaces" setting.

Could you have a look at the javascript console when this append ?
Do you have any traceback from javascript ?
Which OS/browser are you using ?

> I've temporarily fixed it for myself, by converting all tabs into 4 spaces during every save.
> And saving/reloading the notebook [if I encounter that problem]. But I'm not entirely happy with that.

We can activate the visible tab mode of code mirror, this would give you a visual indication of the fact that you have tabs inserted.
Would it help ?
You can open an issue on github if you want so that google better reference it.

--
Matthias