[IPython-dev] ipython html notebook: markdown in math mode and backslashes

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Fri Aug 24 09:48:02 EDT 2012

Hi Fernando,

I don't know what this fixes or breaks, but I've ported the SE logic over
into IPython dev branch:

https://github.com/ahmadia/ipython/commit/58121491d37da1ba9d1525f08575b729c6905eb6

Here's some example Markdown+MathJaX that now works in the modified
Notebook:

+++

### Initial Value Problems

We are interested in solving initial value problems of the form:

\begin{align*}
y'(t) &= f(t,y), \ t \in [a,b] \\
y(a)  &= \alpha
\end{align*}

---

It renders fine in Chrome on OS X, I have not checked any other browsers.

I didn't squeeze a "this code is X licensed" out of the SE Folk, but Stack
Exchange Community Manager Anna Lear told me I could do whatever I wanted
with the code, just that it was unreleased and unsupported.  I don't have
this in an email from SE or publicly recorded log, but I or somebody else
can probably get this if we need it.

I've modified and adapted the code enough that I don't believe there are
any IP issues, and I have also attributed Stack Exchange for their input.
 I also added in a regular expression parser that works across browsers.