[IPython-dev] using the notebook for teaching?

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:26:45 EST 2012

On 6 December 2012 16:27, Jason Grout <jason-sage at creativetrax.com> wrote:

> Just as a point of reference, Sage has %html cells.  Anything in
> <sage></sage> tags is evaluated and converted to latex and rendered with
> mathjax.  The whole thing is shipped back to the browser and rendered as
> html there.  So:
>
> %html

Thanks, that's a useful reference. It would be quite easy to write a cell
magic that did something similar in IPython. I envisage something a bit
more integrated, so that when the output is shown, the template code is
hidden. It could be used to create more report-like notebooks.

Best wishes,
Thomas