[IPython-dev] Some excellent news for IPython: we've received stable funding from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 01:43:16 EST 2012

Hey Jason,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Jason Grout
<jason-sage at creativetrax.com> wrote:
> Awesome!  Congrats!  I can't wait to see what the goals are--that's
> quite a team, based on the work you guys have done.  Is this part of the
> funding that you envisioned for the multi-user notebook?

Indeed, and thanks for the kind words.  Both to answer this and
following your advice of providing a press-relase-like info piece,
here are some more details:

http://ipython.org/sloan-grant.html

It's a bummer you couldn't make it to the ICERM workshop, it's been a
blast and we've had a ton of interesting discussions around the
NotebookS (IPython & Sage).  I've also had a good chance to talk a lot
about these things directly with William, and some good ideas have
come out.

Best,