[IPython-dev] function specific tab completion via annotations

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 16:06:34 EST 2012

Le 29 déc. 2012 à 21:14, Brian Granger a écrit :

> We could do the (?.  What about shift-tab?  Would that be too
> difficult to manage with all the other meanings of tab?

No, it should be doable.
The only other use is unindent.

What about shit tab triggers :
	Unindent (default code mirror option) if multiline selection.
        ObjectInfoRequest (tooltip) on selection if something selected.
	Smart ObjectInfoRequest if nothing selected. (same as actual [bracket]<tab>)

It is not incompatible with (?<tab>

And as some user requested invoking help without executing cell, we can bind ?<tab>
to "execute" just current line to get help on pager.

--
Matthias