[IPython-dev] Templating library for IPython

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 21:29:18 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, as I have thought about this over the past few days, I am more
> leaning towards just making it an external dependency.

Let's ping Ilan (cc'd here) to see how much of a hassle it would be
for EPD free to include  it.  Right now, EPD free ships a fully
working notebook (Ilan kindly included the necessary dependencies),
and that's pretty important in terms of really lowering the barrier
for new users everywhere.

I'm not saying that we have to base our decision solely on that, but
we should consult with Ilan to find the best way to move forward
rather than making changes unilaterally, as ultimately I'm sure we'll
all benefit from finding a solution that works for everyone.