[IPython-dev] Should we change the reply-to line on the lists?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:18:04 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Jason Grout
<jason-sage at creativetrax.com> wrote:
> +1.  It seems that reply-to-list reflects the attitude that all
> conversation should occur on-list (i.e., we are all conversing in a
> group discussion), whereas the reply-to-sender reflects the attitude
> that much conversation should be started on the list, but then carried
> out off-list (i.e., we use the list as a coordination point, but most
> discussions are between individual people).  I think it's better in the
> situation to support the former as the default.

That's a very good way to put it, and indeed now that I have more
experience with this, I concur with Matthew's view that the arguments
the mailman interface proposes for 'strongly' supporting
reply-to-poster are fairly weak.

One little good thing done, a million and counting to go... :)