[IPython-dev] Introduction to contributing to IPython

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 08:57:17 EST 2012

Le 26 févr. 2012 à 03:01, Fernando Perez a écrit :

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a quick reminder about this: I'll be preparing at the weekend, so
>> any tips would be greatly appreciated!
>

> - Starting to write the notebook export code.  My quick script
> (https://gist.github.com/1569580) is just a start, but this is a nice
> isolated project that would be very useful.  I'd call it 'nbexport' to
> start with, and later we can turn it into a standalone sub-command
> 'ipython nbexport'.  A reasonably modular architecture with options to
> export to rest for sphinx (html and latex), pure docutils html, and
> direct latex, would be great to have.
> [...]
> Anyone else have other ideas?

A nbv3-> nbv2 converter ? Either as an export option of the current notebook or as a standalone.

Update current example notebook to use Heading cells and all the new stuff ? Write other examples.

On the QtConsole, in a few places code deal with tabs numbers(int) because of Qt. It should be possible to change it to use reference of the widget inside the tabs.
We then could allow reordering of the tabs by drag and drop.

The "All magics..." menu does not update if new magic are added to the kernel, like when starting the parallel code. It might not be to hard to update the list at some action like changing tab/ executing code.

Clean the closing tab logic. Splitting the close_tab function into internal_close_request and user_close_request might allow to have a much simpler code.

I can try to open some issues on github giving a few pointer on to which file to look for that in the next few days.

Good luck for PyCon, I regret not being able to come.
--
Matthias
(aka Carreau)