[IPython-dev] How to embed IPython notebook in a html5 slideshow.

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:30:33 EST 2012

El 12/01/12 01:26, Brian Granger escribió:

> More seriously, this would be very cool.  Unfortunately, the JS
> refactoring required will be a bit hairy as it touches almost the
> entire JS code base in deep ways.  I have been thinking about it for a
> while - basically, I would enable the cell and kernel objects to work
> independently of the overall notebook structure.  This would allow
> cells/kernels to be easily embedded on any web page...such as our
> slide show mode.  There are a bunch of other things I need to do
> first, but will eventually get to this...mainly because I want to
> present all my talks this way...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

Brian, what you proposed is great! We need to isolate the cells/kernels
from the overall structure to get what we want. I will see into the code
to understand how it is working now, and maybe later, I can help a
little more in this feature development. In the meantime, I am
thinking... Is there any other way to get the "interactive slide" (like
you describe) without refactoring all the work you have done?

Regards,

Damián

PS: Fernando and Brian, thanks for your quick response and your welcome
to the list.