[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] Adding IPython to Dock on MacOSX

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:56:28 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Bartosz Telenczuk
<b.telenczuk at biologie.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback. It is relatively easy to modify the luncher so that ipython starts in a directory of your choice.

But what I have in mind is the ability to move to an arbitrary
directory, different each time, not just start from a different but
fixed one.  I have .ipynb files all over my filesystem, so for a GUI
launcher to be useful it would have to let me start the nb from any
directory chosen at start time.

Also, until we have a way to shutdown the notebook from the UI, a
launcher isn't too practical.

But both of these issues will be solved in due time, at which point
this will be very useful, so thanks!