[IPython-dev] IPython.zmq tests

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 18:02:57 EST 2012

While playing with the test suite, I've just noticed that the standard
iptest command doesn't run the tests in IPython.zmq. I don't know if this
was deliberately disabled or simply overlooked, but running those tests
(iptest IPython.zmq) now is not pretty. ZMQ complains about contexts
terminating or not terminating, several terminal editors pop up and have to
be dismissed, and when it's finished, it hangs and has to be killed
manually. Since the other things are working, I guess it's more of an issue
with the tests than the code itself, but it could still do with some
attention.

Thomas