[IPython-dev] ShiningPanda

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:54:01 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. has the advantage of being automatic rather than voluntary (less
> vulnerable to "There's no way this tiny change would break anything"),
> but 2. fits better in our current pattern.

I think I prefer 2 also because "all tests pass" is still not a
guarantee of correctness, especially in light of our spotty coverage
in some areas.  So I prefer to keep a human at the wheel, but the more
we can do to give that human all the information to streamline the
process, the better.

The sympy review page is really awesome (btw, the correct link is
http://reviews.sympy.org).  There are two things I'd like on top of
that:

1. A way for authorized users to request a refresh of a specific PR,
that would both recheck merge status and rerun the tests.  Maybe they
have that already and it's just not visible on the page.

2. On the main page, a status indicator in the list indicating whether
tests passed or not.  That way you could see at a glance which ones to
focus on first.

But that is a beautiful system...  It would be great to set it up for
ipython as well...  Their code is here:

https://github.com/sympy/sympy-bot