[IPython-dev] Status of printing in the notebook

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 23:00:20 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Mark Voorhies <mark.voorhies at ucsf.edu> wrote:
> The print window circa a50ac36bd554 looks like the right starting point (it
> would just need inlining of the css and images), but it looks like this version
> was scrapped when the wijmo menus were added and that there now may be
> different ideas for printing (https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1292).

Mmh, actually I think the complete loss of printing currently is a
regression.  I hadn't noticed this, and it is a problem (I need it for
some lectures on Monday...).  I've opened a ticket for it:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1339

Now, on the larger question I'll let Brian respond, b/c I'm not sure
right now what pieces of the code he's working on, and he may have
some plans regarding printing as well.