[IPython-dev] future division in embedded ipython

Joon Ro joonpyro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:14:02 EDT 2012

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:51:18 -0500, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> One thing that's worth pointing out:  there's no way to "un-import"
> future flags (unless I missed it). So once you have future division,
> you're stuck with it.

 from __future__ import division is the first line of my every python
script so I don't think I will have any problems with it, but I guess it
can be a problem for other cases that I don't know about.

Anyway, in my opinion, "inheriting" division is logical behavior. It
actually was especially confusing for me because I have the import future
statement in my ipython config file so whenever I run ipython, future
division is automatically imported. So I assumed the embedded ipython
would be the same.

Joon