[IPython-dev] [ANN] vIPer is out!!!

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:40:47 EDT 2012

Hi Carl, here are my answers:

El 14/07/12 14:26, Carl Smith escribió:
> I tried a NotebookCloud instance, but it wouldn't follow the link to
> the Notebook server, it just showed 100% in the loading bar.
If you put notebookcloud.appspot.com/login
<https://notebookcloud.appspot.com/login> in the adress bar (Ctrl+A) you
can access to the notebook cloud login (I have to figure out why is not
redirecting to the login page directly from notebook.appspot.com)

> I then tried it on a local server and it opened up the Notebook no
> problems, but when I pressed any of the browser buttons, it just told
> me that this tab isn't a notebook, when it was one. I tried entering
> a=1 and saving the notebook to see if that worked, but it didn't.

Try this:

Set the --notebook-dir as the vIPer directory.

or open ipython notebook in the same directory where vIPer and the
notebooks you are working lives.

Whis this, you will able to convert your notebook.

You can test the example notebook to replicate the video I posted.

> I'll have another go at it later, but wondered if you had any thoughts?
>
> Cheers for this; it's a good idea, but I just can't get it working yet :/
>
> All the best
>
> Carl

I am not at home right now, I hope you can make it work

Thank you for testing. And let me know any issue.

Regards.

Damián.