[IPython-dev] tabs for worksheets

Dennis Sun dlsun at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 16 13:26:43 EDT 2012

Thanks for the suggestions -- I'll take a look at them when I get home.

I made the mistake of not forking iPython before starting my work (I was
just working from a local copy of main iPython repo). But then in order to
make a pull request, I forked iPython on my github account and pulled this
updated version to my local copy. Then I fumbled around with git for a
while before getting to its present state. Anyway, long story short, I
don't have a complete copy of my code before the merger anymore, so I have
no way to compare the code before and after the merger. (One of these days
I will have to learn to use git....)

If anyone is brave enough to take a look at the code, it's at
http://www.github.com/dlsun/ipython under the "tabs" branch. I would
recommend ignoring the individual commits, which are a mess, and just
looking at the most recent version. I only changed a couple files in
static/js, static/css, and templates. You can even try running the
notebook; the tabs should even be working, even if you can't type anything
into the cells.

I'd really appreciate it if you let me know of any issues that you see.

Thanks,
Dennis