[IPython-dev] notebook plots via javascript

Ludwig Schwardt ludwig.schwardt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 05:37:01 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tuesday 05 June 2012 at 5:03 PM, Zoltán Vörös wrote:
> We all agree on this:), but the question is still how much interactivity
> one would want. Some want to have functionality at the level of the
> Qt4/GTK backends. I think, that cannot possibly be done without
> resorting to some underlying server, but in that case, we should re-use
> Ludwig's code.

I feel bad every time you call it "my" code when I wrote less than 5% of it… It's really Simon Ratcliffe's code :-) He is also much more knowledgeable on the JS and Canvas side and was primarily responsible for that part of the design.

On another note, we would love more people to get involved or for some new backend to succeed mplh5canvas, as we have not had much time to spend on it recently (as much as we would have loved to!). I also find this discussion on a possible interactive IPython-based backend very useful.

Regards,

L.