[IPython-dev] Let's get 0.13 released...

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:18:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Julian Taylor <
jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >     > Does the notebook still need development snapshots of jquery & co
> or
> >     > will it work with official releases (debian has 1.7.2, -ui 1.8.20)?
> >
> >     Honestly I'm not sure, others (Brian, Min, Matthias) might know
> better
> >     the answer to that...
> >

> > jquery is fine (we are shipping 1.7.1, so 1.7.2 should be no problem),
> > but I think we do need dev jquery-ui.
>
> what features of the dev version are required?

Menus, to be introduced in jQuery 1.9:
http://wiki.jqueryui.com/w/page/12137997/Menu

> wasn't there supposed to be some file that should give that information?
> IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static/unminified/README does not mention
> a dev release.

Yes, it should mention it.

> the commit log gives no clue and the obfuscated file itself just
> contains @VERSION, not very helpful.

It certainly is not, is it?  It's probably 1.9 milestone 5.  We need Brian
to make a note of that, and possibly consider updating to 1.9m8.