[IPython-dev] IPythonInputSplitter.cell_magic_parts and InteractiveShell

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Wed Jun 20 00:54:25 EDT 2012

I'm working on getting the 0.13beta1 to work with Sage.  One problem is
that the InteractiveShell code assumes that the input splitter has a
.cell_magic_parts attribute (see line 2559 of
IPython/core/interactiveshell.py).  Now, this is not an attribute of
InputSplitter, but is an attribute of IPythonInputSplitter.  Do we have
to depend on having this attribute, or should InteractiveShell first
check for the existence of this attribute?  In Sage, we have our own
SageInputSplitter which inherits directly from InputSplitter, and so we
don't have the .cell_magic_parts attribute.

In other words, how decoupled do you want InteractiveShell and the
IPythonInputSplitter subclass of InputSplitter?

Thanks,

Jason