[IPython-dev] ipython on webfaction hosting

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:05:19 EDT 2012

ipython notebook --profile geohab --NotebookApp.base_project_url=http://geohab.org/ipython --NotebookApp.base_kernel_url=http://geohab.org/ipython

[NotebookApp] Using existing profile dir: u'/home/epy/.ipython/profile_geohab'
[NotebookApp] WARNING: the notebook server is listening on all IP addresses but not using any encryption or authentication. This is highly insecure and not recommended.
[NotebookApp] The IPython Notebook is running at: http://[all ip addresses on your system]:30333http://geohab.org/ipython

the log :
[NotebookApp] The IPython Notebook is running at: http://[all ip addresses on your system]:30333http://geohab.org/ipython

seems bad so  i tryed :

(env1)[epy at web317 ~]$ ipython notebook --profile geohab --NotebookApp.base_project_url=/ipython --NotebookApp.base_kernel_url=/ipython[NotebookApp] Using existing profile dir: u'/home/epy/.ipython/profile_geohab'
[NotebookApp] WARNING: the notebook server is listening on all IP addresses but not using any encryption or authentication. This is highly insecure and not recommended.
[NotebookApp] The IPython Notebook is running at: http://[all ip addresses on your system]:30333/ipython

in this case if i point the browser to :

http://geohab.org/ipython

i have in the browser :

404: Not Found

in the shell logs :

WARNING:root:404 GET / (127.0.0.1) 0.48ms

if i point the browser to :

http://geohab.org/ipython/ipython/

i got again the html page without js/css

but this time the log in the shell is :

WARNING:root:404 GET /ipython (127.0.0.1) 0.41ms

any clue ?

thanks!!!

Massimo.